“Whāia te iti kahurangi ki te tūohu koe me he maunga teitei.”(Aim for the highest cloud so that if you miss it, you will hit a lofty mountain.)
The All Blacks are the world’s most successful sporting outfit, undefeated in over 75% of their international matches over the last 100 years. What is the secret of their success? And what can we – as individuals, companies and teams – learn from them?
A values-based, purpose driven culture is a foundation of the All Blacks’ approach and sustained success… In fact, in answer to the question, “What is the All Blacks’ competitive advantage?” key is the ability to manage their culture and central narrative by attaching the players’ personal meanings to a higher purpose. It is the identity of the of the team that matters – not so much what the All Blacks do, but who they are, what they stand for, and why they exist.”
Revealing the winning secrets of the All Blacks, LEGACY tackles a number of fundamental issues facing leaders in all fields: How do you create a high performance culture? How do you maintain world-class standards, day after day, week after week, year after year? How do you handle pressure? What is the secret of sustained success? How do you deal with the pressure? And what do you leave behind you after you’re gone? What’s your legacy?
The 15 Lessons in LEGACY are:
- Sweep the Sheds: Never be too big to do the small things that need to be done
- Go for the Gap: When you’re on top of your game, change your game
- Play with Purpose: Ask “Why?”
- Pass the Ball: Leaders create leaders
- Create a Learning Environment: Leaders are teachers
- No Dickheads: Follow the spearhead
- Embrace Expectations: Aim for the highest cloud
- Train to Win: Practice under pressure
- Keep a Blue Head: Control your attention
- Know Thyself: Keep it real
- Sacrifice: Find something you would die for and give your life to it
- Invent a Language: Sing your world into existence
- Ritualize to Actualize: Create a culture
- Be a Good Ancestor: Plant trees you’ll never see
- Write Your Legacy: This is your time
In LEGACY, best-selling author James Kerr goes deep into the heart of the world’s most successful sporting team, the legendary All Blacks of New Zealand, to reveal 15 powerful and practical lessons for leadership and the business of life.
You can now empower your own practice with LEGACY within UpRight Movement’s Recommended Products Fitness section Page.
Click Here For: LEGACY