“Make the impossible, possible; the possible, easy; and the easy, elegant.”
UpRight Movement utilizes the diversity of our obstacle course to help develop essential movement skills as a foundation of fitness and injury risk reduction. The nature of the obstacle course is self-limiting and self-correcting, promoting functional movements in order to traverse it efficiently.
At UpRight Movement we view the following movement skills as the foundation of Human Movement and Performance:
Fundamental: Breathing, Gripping, Head-Eye Tracking, Reaching, Leg Raising, Supine, Rolling, Prone, Hip Flexion/Extension, Short Foot Posture.
Transitional: Quadruped, Rotary Stability, Trunk Stability, Crawling, Half Kneeling, Full Kneeling.
Functional: Lunging, Stepping, Squatting, Carrying, Gait, Skipping, Running, Deceleration, Acceleration, Jumping, and Hopping.
By training movement that moves through changing environments, you become adept at quickly and intuitively assessing and solving new obstacles. It’s all about learning complex and adaptable movement for the highest levels of performance and success.
- Use breathing control, positions, sequence, timing, and relaxation for optimum performance
- Be highly efficient at running, crawling, balancing, jumping, climbing techniques, all essential skills
- Condition and physically prepare yourself through techniques and movements closely resembling the movement patterns and physiological adaptations required for successful functional movement for life and sport.
- Practice efficient transitions between diverse movement patterns and physical efforts.
- Reduce the chance of injury
UpRight Movement can help you overcome obstacles, so you can play at your best!
Contact us so we can help you return to play!