“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
RESULTS THAT LAST:
Success is not defined by performing at a high level once. It’s about getting better every day.
UpRight Movement is on a mission to help change lives for the better. This blog post is intended to help put in action principles supporting your high-performance living.
- Have a “WHY” that inspires you to be your best as well as to give to others. Practice the principles of: Mindset, Recovery, Nutrition/Hydration, and Movement. Visit and/or visualize a beautiful, peaceful landscape like a beach or forest; engage all your senses (sight, hearing, smell, taste, and feel). Share time with a friend, loved one and/or pet. Be grateful for your relationships.
- Practice deliberate breathing exercises to help you feel calm during times of stress.
- Wake and sleep with nature’s rhythms of light and dark. Expose yourself to fresh air and natural sunlight daily. Avoid caffeine after 12 PM. Avoid alcohol and try to minimize consumption of grains, sugars, and artificial sweeteners close to bedtime. Start winding down 2 hours before bedtime and dim the lights in the house, (incl. TV and Computers). Make bedroom dark and cool. Rest when tired, and sleep deeply by 10 PM for 8-10 hours.
- Hydrate your body with quality water- approximately .5 – 1 oz. per pound of body weight. Minimize your intake of other beverages like sodas, energy drinks, fruit juices, teas, coffees, and alcohol. Limit your intake of processed-grains, sugar, artificial sweeteners, nicotine and/or narcotics.
- Nourish your body with quality, fresh, nutritious whole food that is optimal for your genetic needs and health. Eat breakfast soon after awakening. Chew your food thoroughly, enjoy and be grateful for your food, which supports your life. Eat regularly, avoid eating when overly hungry, and eat slowly until satisfied.
- First move well, then move often. Enjoy movement with positive-self talk. Master the essential movements first, qualifying you for more advanced exercise. The following movements are in order of hierarchy:
Fundamental: Breathing, Gripping, Head-Eye Tracking, Reaching, Leg Raising, Supine, Rolling, Prone, Hip Flexion/Extension, Short Foot Posture.
Transitional: Quadruped, Rotary Stability, Trunk Stability, Crawling, Half Kneeling, Full Kneeling.
Functional: Lunging, Stepping, Squatting, Carrying, Gait, Skipping, Running, Deceleration, Acceleration, Jumping, and Hopping.
- Practice and rest in as many of the primitive postures of restoration as you can perform well and comfortably. Slowly develop your way into the remaining postures. Emphasize training quality above quantity and intensity. Train within your successful thresholds and appropriate phases, using the qualifiers of alignment, breathing, and control. Train towards better fitness and performance standards when considering training intensity. Be able to balance healthy stress with rest. Monitor fatigue and qualify your training readiness, in order to achieve beneficial sustainable results. Enjoy your journey. Share with others helping them with their journey.
UpRight Movement is a Force Multiplier supporting the positive practice of Your “Declaration of Health and Fitness”, with its newest Declaration of Health and Fitness handout. Improve your Mindset and make progress toward your goals by leveraging UpRight Movement Principles. Support your moment-to-moment process towards your “WHY” by being supportive of your mind/body with optimal resources and recovery fueling your change. The Pillars of long lasting change are: Mindset, Recovery, Nutrition/Hydration, and Movement. For further assistance see UpRight Movement’s Regeneration Guidelines.
Click Here For: Declaration of Health and Fitness
“Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.”
A force multiplier refers to a factor that dramatically increases, hence “multiplies”, the effectiveness of a system.
Independence and sustainability is UpRight Movement’s chief underlying goal for all the people it serves. We help you feel, move, and perform better in life. To support this ideal we have organized an outline of our systems based approach and best practices.
The table below outlines the UpRight Movement Principles in order of hierarchy, with each principle followed by its qualifiers and associated links.
See: Primitive Postures of Restoration | To Stand is to Be Human | Return From Injury | Master the Essentials: 4 Sources of Athletes’ Reduced Risk For Injury | Are You Up To Standard? | Training + Rehab = Training | The Why, How, and What of UpRight Movement
UpRight Movement helps to support the positive practice of Your “Force Multiplier”, with its newest Life Performance Outline handout. Improve your Mindset and make progress toward your goals by leveraging UpRight Movement Principles. Aid your Recovery, Health and manage Stress so you can feel better, move better, and perform better! The Pillars of long lasting change are: Mindset, Recovery, Nutrition/Hydration, and Movement. For further assistance see UpRight Movement’s Regeneration Guidelines.
Click Here For: LIFE PERFORMANCE OUTLINE